Started my year with exploring query aspects of mediawiki API. Got to learn many things about Lists , Props and Meta. This was the huge module as it contains hundreds of sub-module which functions as a wrapper on top of SQL access to the internal databases. Really enjoyed making the live tutorials on all the aspects of getting data 🙂 Concepts like getting data just the users need, multiple pages, continuing queries,meta information, generators and many things are covered in my tutorial. Have a look and try some!!! .
Listing covers many facets like:
- Performing full text search
- Listing Wikipedia categories
- Getting information of a Wikipedia user(s)
- What links here functionality
- Listing images
- Listing pages that use a given image
- Continuing queries
- Geo search
Props covers facets like:
- Getting multiple information in one request
- Getting content of the revision of a page using prop=revisions
- Getting revisions made by anonymous user
- Accessing image information
- Accessing page information
- Interface message information
- Wiki information
- User information
The above lists cover all the basic functionality although there are a lot more in the tutorial.
While exploring query API , I came to know about “Generators” , what are they?, what they do? and why we use them?
I implemented this concept in listing which shows the information about the Geo-coordinates of the Wikipedia articles.